Private chemistry tuition online
I provide online chemistry tuition at all levels, from school year 7 (aged 11) through to university level
I am familiar with all UK exam boards (AQA, CIE, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC) and the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme
I have examiner experience at GCSE, A Level and IB Diploma level
Four steps to better study skills and improved exam technique:
After many years of guiding students to exam success, I have distilled my knowledge and experience into a simple to follow 4-step approach:
- Adopt the study habits and mindset of successful students
- Create a study plan and set goals
- Track progress and celebrate success
- Stay motivated and focused
- Better notes using the Cornell method
- Create revision aids that work
- Ensure your revision is active and productive
- Assess your own learning
- Identify and fix your knowledge gaps and misconceptions
- Learn from mistakes when self-testing
- Avoid common exam mistakes
- Understand good exam technique
The Plan stage is all about teaching you how to study more effectively. We will look at how to manage your time and set sensible study goals. We will also look at strategies for beating procrastination, the enemy of all students!
The Learn stage is about improving how you take in and retain information. This starts with effective notes and turning them into effective revision aids. It’s well-proven that active revision is effective revision, so we will look at revision strategies that ensure you use your time in the most productive way.
The Understand stage develops your problem-solving skills and improves your ability to answer exam-style questions. This means ensuring your understanding is completely secure and teaching you how to communicate that understanding with the detail and accuracy required for full marks.
Finally, the Master stage is about deepening your understanding, and giving you the confidence to walk into the exam knowing that you will perform well. Extending your knowledge and going ‘beyond the syllabus’ is important, as is developing better problem-solving skills so you can handle the hardest questions.