Terms and conditions
Please review these Terms and Conditions.
By using the tutoring service, the client is deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and agrees to adhere to them.
Bookings and Payments
- For tuition during term-time, a minimum booking of four lessons is required.
- Payments should be made in advance upon receipt of an invoice sent to a designated email address. A lesson is not booked and will not be taught until payment has been received.
- Payments may be made by bank transfer (BACS) or PayPal (please note a 4% surcharge is added to cover their merchant fees)
- Liability for payments will commence on the earlier of a client confirming orally or in writing their desire to proceed, or the date on which chemistrytutor.me starts providing tutoring services
- Time for lesson planning and marking of work set by the tutor is included in the hourly fee for each lesson. If a substantial amount of additional time is required (e.g. for past paper marking and feedback), the client will be notified in advance
- In the event of late payment, chemistrytutor.me reserves the right to suspend or withdraw tuition services until the outstanding balance has been settled.
Cancellations and refunds
- In the event that a client wishes to cancel a lesson, no less than 48 hours’ notice should be given prior to the allotted lesson time.
- If less than 48 hours’ notice is given, chemistrytutor.me will endeavour to find a mutually convenient time to reschedule the lesson, however if this is not possible the full amount for the lesson will be charged.
- Refunds are not available for any lessons once delivered.
- Refunds equal to the value of remaining lessons are available on pre-booked lessons that are cancelled within 48 hours.
- In the event that the scheduled lesson cannot take place due to technology problems (e.g. failure of network, Skype outage etc.), the tutor will endeavour to reschedule the lesson at a mutually convenient time.
- However, it is the client’s responsibility to ensure they have adequate technology and network access for online tuition and failure to fulfil this will lead to the client being charged the full amount for the missed lesson.
Attendance, punctuality and behaviour
- If a student fails to attend a lesson within 5 minutes of the scheduled start time for a lesson, that lesson will be deemed forfeited and the full amount will be charged.
- Extenuating circumstances notwithstanding, repeated failure to attend scheduled lessons will lead to a warning notice being issued after two missed lessons and termination of tuition after the third missed lesson.
- There is an obligation for the student to behave in a correct and acceptable manner during tutoring lessons. Failure to adhere to this will result in cancellation of tuition.
- A student failing to complete two pieces of set homework without good reason will be warned and subsequent failures may lead to tuition being suspended.
- The client is not permitted to record any tutor lessons or take screenshots of resources without the express consent of the tutor.
- Any recording of any lesson shall belong to the tutor and shall not be reproduced for any reason without the prior consent of the tutor.
- All teaching resources used and made available to the client remain the exclusive property of the tutor.
- Without limitation the client may not repackage, reformulate, edit, distribute, copy, sell or otherwise use any such material without the prior written consent of the tutor.
- Once tuition ends, the student’s access to resources will cease.
Limit of liability
- Whilst clients are guaranteed high-quality, professional tuition, chemistrytutor.me does not guarantee specific grades or outcomes from examinations and coursework.
- By using the service, the client accepts the principle that this is an education service and will not hold chemistrytutor.me accountable for poor or disappointing academic progress and attainment.